Blind Blocks: 13 hours in...

Well, so far my source code for the game is a sea of red text, for all my commented out experiments and tests. I’ll have to clean it up. Yesterday I finished side collisions and clearing lines, and thought about how I’d get the tetronimos down and rotating. I also added a preliminary drawing for the sonar, which I’ll have to improve and figure out how to add the proper collision detection to.

Read More

Blind Blocks: ~3.5 Hours In

Well, finishing up Invent with Python took a little longer than I thought, and I’m working on my tetris clone. The going is pretty slow. I’m trying to do as much of I can from scratch, without looking at how other people have handled collisions and other game design features. At the moment it just looks like this: blindblocks3.5It’s not much; I’ve got the field, basic player controls, block movement, and the block respawn in there, as well as a limited amount of collision detection. The blocks are bounded by the playing field, they can’t go through each other vertically, and I added the snap-to so that they don’t get stuck midway through other blocks or through the bottom of the field.

Read More