Started: August 7, 2012.
August 7, 2012:
- Silver 66. ZVT, win, silver, Entombed Valley. Housed the guy. He did manage a desperation drop at the very end, but I had a secret second. Otherwise, good scouting out of what he had.
- Silver 66. ZVZ, loss, gold,Antiga Shipyard. Aggressive zergling, simply didn't work. Having a hard time pulling this off against gold, I think I should mass a few more lings before starting the attack.
- Silver 57. ZVT, win, silver, Cloud Kingdom LE. 13 minutes. Saw that he wasn't expanding, started banelings asap and waited until he'd left with two dropships of marines. Then busted and cleaned up an undefended base. He went on to attack my main but I just weathered it.
- Silver 59. ZVT, loss, silver, Ohana LE, 20m. Definitely not saturating hurt me. I denied his third, at first, but then didn't have enough to take his second completely. He pushed with siege and marines and just gradually killed me. But definitely not saturating was a big issue. I need to start benchmarking how fast it takes me to get saturated. I don't need to be so aggressive.
- Silver 50. ZVZ, win, silver, Condemned Ridge, 9m36s. Hyperaggressive zerglings. This time I just built the second hatchery inside the base. Why bother putting it at the expo if I never use it. Queens are closer too. This build is great for practicing micro.
- Okay, I'm done for the day.
August 8, 2012:
- Silver 46. Win by default.
- Silver 47. ZVP, loss, silver, ?, ?. Fended off first Toss attack. Just like the match yesterday, I saw no expansion and knew he was attacking early. I beat that back, but was then unable to find off the subsequent push. Again, I think the big issue was saturation. I should have pulled what I could, stayed in the middle for map control and to get rid of pylon, and then saturated my first base definitely, and started droning the next. Roaches vs. stalkers also wasn't that great, should have had speedlings.
August 9, 2012
- Did not play any 1v1s.
August 10, 2012.
- Played one ZvZ, won. I'd held off until I had a fairly large mass of zerglings and the guy gave up. He had a ton more roaches, but I just ran back and forth from his expo to his main, or let him chase a few zerglings and attacked with another group.