I learned a lot with this tutorial:
- Gradients: there was a lot of work with gradients and gradient overlays.
- Wave distortions played a prominent role in creating the background, and were very fun to do. I think I'll have to look up some basic physics on waveforms to refresh my memory on waves and get a better grasp at how photoshop is actually distorting things.
- The text texture was made using two opaque noise layers distorted with the motion blur function, that was pretty neat.
- Text: Oddly enough, one of my favorite parts of the tutorial was the creation of the text's little inner border by using the Stroke and Inner Glow layer styles, it's a nice touch, I think.
- Curves: At one point I used a curve adjustment layer to mess with the contrast, and I'm not really sure what was going on. I'll have to read up on photoshop mechanics to figure out what I was actually doing.
In any case, for my version I used different colors and used the following Marvin the Robot quote (seeÂ Douglas Adams, for the uninitiated):
"Life," said Marvin dolefully, "loathe it or ignore it, you canâ€™t like it."
However, I'm not sure which book it's sourced from. I'll find out!
Anyway, here it is, with a link to the high-res version, enjoy!